- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. carob gum (johannisbrotkernmehl)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup olive, melted coconut, or canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh butter (vegan version: concentrated applesauce)
- 2 eggs (vegan version: 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp. water)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups teff flour
- ¾ cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- ¼ cup oatmeal or spelt/rice flour
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 148°C and butter + flour an 8×8 pan with fresh butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, butter, eggs, and zucchini. Add the vanilla extract, baking soda, carob gum and cinnamon. Lastly add the almond meal, teff flour, and spelt flour (oats) and whisk again to combine. The batter should be slightly thick but very easy to pour.
- Pour the batter into your pan and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
- Leave out for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- The bread should keep covered in the fridge for several days, or in the freezer for several weeks.