Makes 24 bites
15 soft dates soaked overnight in water
1 ½ cup cooked black or kidney beans, soaked overnight in water and rinsed before mixing them with all the other ingredients
½ cup fresh butter
½ cup plant milk (almond or rice, no sugar added)
½ cup of rolled oats, mixed into a flour
½ cup rice flour
6 tbsp. 100% cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch salt
2 handfuls crushed hazelnuts (optional)
Chocolate Avocado Frosting
5 soft dates, soaked overnight in water
3 tbsp. avocado oil
2 tbsp. cashew butter
4 tbsp. 100% cocoa powder
2 middle-sized avocados
Sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pit the dates and add them to a food processor along with the rinsed beans. Mix on high speed.
- Add butter, milk, and eggs, and mix until smooth.
- Add rice flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and pulse until everything is mixed.
- Stir in hazelnuts or walnuts.
- Place them on a baking mat and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven once they are firm to the touch and leave until completely cooled.
- Make the frosting by mixing all the ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust the flavors if needed.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies, sprinkle with sea salt flakes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Store in the fridge.